Saturday, March 21, 2009

Random notes from Prague

Don't really feel like writing coherent paragraphs, so...

The girls from Top Secret Cafe (where I'm currently sitting) said they missed me, since I haven't been here in a month because our Internet actually started working in Templova, which I explained to them. It's nice to be missed.

Nick left this morning. We had a blast with the Framingham girls in Prague, who left yesterday morning. I'd say they enjoyed themselves. It's exhausting playing tour guide.

Haven't been to the grocery store before Dublin. That, along with a plummeting exchange rate (now less than 20 crowns per dollar), isn't helping the checkbook. Thank god we're not on the Euro. Great decision.

Had my first exam Thursday in Econ 320 (Economic and Business Policies of the EU). Not too bad. Not exactly a Madison-difficulty test.

Nick wasn't a big fan of Czech food. But then again, he has a tough time finishing a bagel and cream cheese, so he isn't exactly an impartial judge.

Before Thursday, I knew of one bar that played ESPN America on a regular basis. Now that the NCAA Tournament started (which airs on that station here), you can find it in several bars. Apparently they know the deal.

Cleveland States really screwed up my bracket last night. But I had UConn (who lost to San Diego in the first round a year ago) in the Final Four last year and I still won my pool. So all hope is not lost.

I have a couple of exams and a presentation this coming week, so it should be mellow before spring break a week from now.

Next trip on tap (literally): Pilsen, Czech Republic tomorrow, where they brew Pilsner beer. I wonder how it compares to the Guinness factory. It's a free trip through CEA, so a bunch of us are going.

Next international trip: Spring break, starting Friday: Barcalona, Rome, Florence, trip along the Amalfi Coast.

I know, tough life I'm living out here. I'm not taking it for granted, though. That's got to count for something. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment