Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Prague bike excursion

Yesterday I went on a 3-hour (including a beer break, of course) around Prague, organized by the Czech language teachers at AAU for all the kids who take Czech here. It was fun. I was the only guy -- there aren't many guys in the Czech classes to begin with and Tyler didn't want to go. But nonetheless, we had a good time. Got to see the rural side of Prague, not just the tourist areas like Old Town Square and the Charles Bridge. We saw some people training for competitive kayaking (a big Olympic sport here) in the river on man-made rapids, which was cool. The highlight was crossing the river on a "ferry," which seemed more like an oversize canoe with a motor, to me. The 56-second "ferry ride" was a nice Czech experience, however. I'm a different man today because of it.

1 comment: