Wednesday, May 20, 2009

They're not big on ice over here

I wanted an iced coffee to jump start my day of studying this morning. I pass a Starbucks on my way to school every day (think the Soviet Union thought there'd be a Starbucks in Old Town Square 20 years ago?), but it wasn't open yet (imagine that, at 9 a.m.). So I went to McDonald's which is right by my school. I ordered a large iced coffee. He pours the coffee in, then adds 1/3 of a cone's worth of vanilla soft serve ice cream and hands it to me (anyone who knows me well enough can imagine my reaction to that). No top, no ice.

I hesitate, then think about it for a second. A coffee float. Genius! Add a little Bailey's to it and now we're really talking. A Hard Coffee Float. Or maybe some Jameson: an Irish Coffee Float.

I'm copyrighting both when I get home next week. Can you copyright drink names?

No comments:

Post a Comment