Monday, April 20, 2009

2 European hygeine notes

While walking to get my haircut this afternoon, I was reminded of this, for obvious reasons:

1) Shaving is definitely not as customary here as it is in the States; it's not just a fairy tale. On the hike in Cinque Terre, I saw a French woman with easily more armpit hair than me. And I'm not exactly lacking in that department, either.

2) Deodorant should have been my No. 15 for things I miss about home. We'll call it "optional" here; and that's putting it mildly. The lovely aroma of B.O. often fills the air on your average metro ride or trip to Tesco (their version of Wal-Mart). I can't tell if they know they stink and just don't care (or they like it?), or they're completely oblivious to their own stench. I hope it's No. 2, but that's pretty sad in its own right.

(Just got back from Munich this morning. Post coming soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment