Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Appropriate time for reflection, thanks

I’ve been meaning to write this for a while, but now seems to be as fitting a time as ever.

Five weeks from today I’ll be boarding a plane back to Boston, meaning I’ve been living in the Czech Republic, traveling Europe for exactly 11 weeks now. I feel like I’ve accomplished so much in such a short amount of time, both mentally and physically. But obviously, I couldn’t have done it alone.

At this time in my semester-long adventure overseas, I feel obliged to give thanks to those that made this all possible, most notably my family – you know who you are. I’ve received endless support from all of you, both monetarily and morally throughout what has been the most exciting 11-week span of my life (not to mention my entire life, but especially during this trip abroad). For that, I can’t thank you enough. You’ve inspired me to not only keep up with this almost-daily blog, but to pursue endeavors I never could have dreamed of experiencing a mere few months ago.

The appropriateness of this appreciation comes just two days after the tragic loss of longtime family friend Mitch Schecter, my 5th grade soccer coach, father of fellow Framingham Badgers, Adam and Erica. My condolences go out to the entire Schecter family, especially Adam, who’s become one of my closest friends over the past few years.

Times like these make us remember what’s truly important in life, family of course being No. 1 atop a list of many.

Mine is certainly no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment