Tuesday, February 24, 2009

BIG (tentative) plans

More has happened since my last post than the end of last week's NBA trade deadline. Hours after I hit Enter here, Bus2Alps canceled our trip to Interlaken because only four people (me, Chris and Max included) had signed up. Very annoying, especially for Chris and I, because Annie went out of her way -- and then some -- to get there from France in order to ski with us. Bus2Alps does have another trip going there next weekend, but that doesn't help us out. So...

We're taking the bull by the horns.

The plan: Seven of us (me, Henry, Chris, Dana, Dembling, Cohen and our friend Austen from Alabama) rent two cars and drive there ourselves Thursday. Henry and I went to Hertz today to figure it all out. No more messing around; it will happen.

But that's only the half of it. Drew has been dying to ski the Alps since he set foot in Europe also, so the two of us are planning a trip to Chamonix, France for the following weekend. Swiss Alps followed by the French Alps. Not a bad couple of weekends. Of course, nothing is set in stone yet, but I've been frantically on the computer for the past few days, so you better bet I'll be hitting the Alps at least once in the next 10 days. Worse comes to worst, I'll just go to Interlaken through Bus2Alps next weekend. But I'm confident we'll get those cars tomorrow. Of course, I'll keep you posted...

Today was a good day. Sandwiched between a couple of classes and flight/car/hotel searching, Henry, Tyler, Austen, Chris Lau and I played in a pickup soccer (futbol) game against a bunch of Czechs for two hours -- more exercise than we've had probably since high school. We had one Czech, James, on our 6v6 team and beat six natives by a goal or two; I don't think they were too happy about it, either, especially since Austen and Tyler had kicked a ball a combined 12 times prior to the match. Granted, they had a 60-year-old goalie whom we took full advantage of. But hey, they play on a regular basis and barely cracked a smile the entire time. What were we supposed to do?

Team Templova: 1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment