Monday, February 9, 2009

Don't blame me, blame the Czech Internet

OK so I finally took some pictures yesterday to post on here, but our Internet doesn't work in our apartment, so we're forced to use the kids' connection downstairs, or the Internet Cafe, as we now call it. But seven of us are currently using the Cafe, so uploading the pictures will take too long. But I promise I'll post some as soon as we regain connection in Templova 7, Temple 4A, Praha 1. Not that they're any good anyway. I've never had a digital camera before, so needless to say, I probably don't have much of a future in photography. Plus, the smog here -- Prague Smog (PS), they (or just me) call it -- doesn't exactly conducive for exciting photography.

So yeah, I have yet to see the sun in my four full days here, partly because of the PS, but partly because of our late sleeping habits that call for 4:30 breakfast. Seeing as it was my birthday Friday and Henry's birthday Saturday, we've become great at Czech nightlife, but have officially become nocturnal. Yeah, that needs to change, starting tonight. We're not going out tonight, celebrating our first school night in about two full months; except I actually don't start school until Tuesday, but still it's time to become the American tourists that we were destined to be during the hours of 12-6, p.m., not just a.m.

So instead of going out hard tonight, we had dinner with some girls we met that live a few metro (Prague's subway) stops away from us. A nice little pasta dinner for 13. Chef Dougie and Co. did well...

So pray for Internet in 4A and you can see some of my pictures and more consistent blogology. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the pictures. Ha ha, haven't heard you use the term "school night" in a long time............

    ReplyDelete