Friday, February 6, 2009

Enjoying my first-ever beer

That's right, it's my 21st birthday, so I can finally try alcohol for the first time. This beer thing is good, but not all it's cracked up to be...

Actually, the Bohemian beer is really good. Puts Bud Light to shame, although Budweiser actually comes from the Czech Republic, as do NHL stars Jaromir Jagr and Nikolai Khabibulin.

Not much else to report from here. It was a mild 43 degrees today, but we didn't get to enjoy it because we stayed out too late last night (we were going home on the tram when people were going to work) and therefore slept to late today. That, plus some jet lag and the six-hour time difference has made for an interesting adjustment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining by any means, I'm just saying.

Still trying to figure out this city. We did notice that it's very clean. I think all European cities are like that. We Americans are pigs, I guess.

Thanks for the birthday wishes via facebook and in the case of my mom and sister, via Skype. Sorry about the lack of pictures, I need to start bringing my camera out of my room. Still need to get used to that...

Oh, found out yesterday at school orientation that I don't have classes Mondays or Fridays, so that will really help my traveling opportunities. Tyler and I are about to book flights to Dublin for the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. That shouldn't be too fun or anything...

Until next time, ahoj! (hello/goodbye in Czech)

2 comments:

  1. Those of us in the states want pictures, please!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. slept too late*

    I know you miss Bradley and copy editors

    ReplyDelete