Monday, February 23, 2009

I can smell the Alps

It was another fun weekend in Prague. Not any real traveling, but I think we turned a corner in terms of our bearings on the city, trying to make it our home instead of acting like weekend tourists. Max and I are determined to do that by going into the nooks and crannies that make Prague so cool. I think the others will come along.

Last night I found a bar that plays American sports. Doug, Max, Tyler and I went there to try and watch the Badger game. I got us lost for about a half hour, then they couldn't get the game on when we got there. I failed miserably. So we watched Rajon Rondo tear up the Suns for a quarter before coming home to watch the Badgers blow it in East Lansing (sounds footbally familiar) on our computers. Uhh, at least we found a place that sells really cheap shoes.

(Aside: Wednesday a pigeon shit on Tyler's head in Old Town Square.)

The real fun starts in three days. Thursday a bunch of us are going to Interlaken, Switzerland for a weekend in the Swiss Alps. Everyone that's been there says it's unbelievable. I'll ski for at least two, if not three days; I'll really have to be pushed to go skydiving, but I won't rule it out just yet. Obviously I'm pumped. That will surely be the best blog yet; I should have some real good stories from across the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment